Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Finally back on line

Finally back on line again after going a month without my computer. New computer (only ten months old) but it required a new motherboard and modem due to repeated problems that often left me without an ability to connect to the internet.

I wrote stories via pencil and paper for a few weeks - this just goes to show how spoiled we are with computers. No cut and paste with pencil...old fashioned editing everything (okay, I kept the first draft and waited for the computer to return) can be a tedious thing.

Several short stories and two novels are out circulating at the moment; summer months slow things down, but with this heat - no small wonder. Days have hit the low thirties (Celcius) with high humidity and spats of thunderstorms.

Two new books on the go, as well as numerous short stories. I'm finishing teaching a summer applied communications course next week; it'll be good to have my time to myself again for August and the first eleven days of September before the whole cycle starts over again.

Got two new pet rats recently; a young beige and white male who is about eight weeks old (arrived on July 6th) who is named Stanley. Today, a four week old hairless blue male who we have called Toby (short for Tobias). These animals make great pets. I can't imagine life without rats. I am now the proud co-habiter with seven rats and five mice.

That's about all of my news for now. Evenings on the front porch, enclosed with screen and Victorian woodwork, candles lit, cold beer or glass of wine in hand are appreciated on days like this in this fine, balmy season. I've been practicing highland drumming, along with the playing of my African djembe drum.

Life is good. Yeah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Leslie said...

It's good to have you back online, Carol. I miss reading your writing.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Carol Weekes said...

Hi, Mark:

Thanks for the nice commentary. I'll have to make a point of coming online more often, and checking out your blog too. Too many things to do and never enough time to do them in is the flavor of most months around here...

Hope the editing of your antho is coming along well, as is your writing.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home